Rocker technology is an evolution in the conventional method of making skis, where the ski is pre-loaded much like a bow. A rocker in the ski means that the pre-load is reversed– and is therefore negative. When the ski is on an even surface, it is already curved upwards slightly before the blade.
Due to the slight upward bend of the ski, in the front part especially, the contact points are moved from the tips of the skis and from the ends of the skis to the centre of the skis. Since they are easy to control, manoeuvre and are safe, rocker skis are suitable for almost every target group and likewise all areas of use. They provide the skier with one thing above all else: 100% fun in the snow!
What makes rockers so attractive:
- They cut less and provide a faster, more straightforward introduction to practising turns in the snow
- They are easier to turn
- They provide optimum edge grip and stability
- They enable you to save energy while skiing
- They are more forgiving when you make errors while skiing
- They provide more versatility
- Skis with rocker technology are exceptionally versatile, depending on orientation, and provide great advantages for every skier.